Climate change continues to be a complex reality. The facts include asteroids, solar wind storms, and geological events like volcanoes and tectonic plate movement for billions of years. Today pollution from human technology and waste mismanagement is measurable enough to know we should be focusing our resources to survive instead of quickening to end life as we know it.
Companies that manufacture solar energy collectors help to reduce air pollution by providing alternatives to coal, oil and other unsustainable fossil fuels that cause excessive pollution. As power generation becomes cleaner, our air becomes cleaner, and every living thing will benefit.
An Energy-efficient Future
Current patterns of energy use cannot be sustained. Oil and gas will become too scarce and expensive for all but the most essential uses. Coal will suffer a similar fate within a few more centuries. But the environmental implications of burning fossil fuels are even more pressing.
Nuclear power is a long way from fulfilling its early promise, and faces huge public opposition. A key objective in a new energy strategy is to increase the efficiency of energy use in all sectors of the economy; the domestic, industrial and transport sectors, each of which typically accounts for about a third of an industrial nation's energy consumption.
In a true sustainable energy economy, people would live in energy-efficient solar homes, travel by private car would seldom be necessary, and factories would run on a fraction of their present voracious energy requirements.1
- Engage more people in more ways to stimulate economic growth in market economies related to sustainable energy.
- If we truly want a more equitable, more prosperous and more sustainable, we must also have new economics with minimal long-term effect on the environment..
- The the good news is, if we want new eco-eco outcomes, all we have to do is choose to have it.
"True sustainable energy economics is not a destination, it's a journey. It's time to go faster NOW!"
1 Ed. Norman Myers. Gaia: An Atlas of Planet Management. Paperback – 1993, p126.
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- Technically Homeless – Let’s Build a New Studio! September 1, 2021
- Climate Change, Disasters And Economic Recovery August 20, 2021
- GAIA Fan Club Revolutionizing Ecological and Economical Relations August 13, 2021
- Sustainable Building Construction System August 6, 2021
- Today You Have A Choice To Be Part Of A Solution July 30, 2021
- Relocation During the Quickening Environmental Revolution July 23, 2021
- Bottom Up Solutions to Ecological Economics July 17, 2021
- Join Our GAIA First Timebank July 9, 2021
- Ways Economic Risks Increase With Climate Change July 2, 2021