Without the existence of complex ecosystems, organic life, you included, would not be here now to read about it. Today recycling is an essential part of our lifestyle because waste continues to grow faster than our wishful intentions. So, to make a difference that matters to our environment, our quality of life, and sustain healthy ecosystems to supply our needs and demands, it's time for everyone to recycle their own waste where possible.
The more we recycle, the less waste winds up in commercial recycling plants, landfills and incineration plants. By reusing aluminum, paper, glass, plastics, and other materials, we can save production and energy costs, and reduce the negative impacts that extraction and processing of virgin materials has on the environment.
- Use your purchasing power to buy products packaged in containers like glass and paper that can be reused and have low impact at the end of the recycling chain.
- Take the containers you recycle and reuse them to package things like bulk foods in glass and dry goods in cardboard.
- Since you are buying what the package contains, shop for products without packages or products you can package with your recycled ones.
"According to a report issued by Stanford University, recycling one ton of office paper can conserve more than 4,000 Kwh of energy and save an estimated 17 trees. Recycling one ton of plastic can conserve more than 5,770 Kwh of energy and 16.3 gallons of oil."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020
- The Importance of Individual Recycling September 25, 2020
- High Protein Foods To Lower Environmental Impacts of Beef September 18, 2020
- Preparing For Clean-up After a Natural Disaster September 11, 2020
- Solar Water Purifier Providing Access to Clean Water September 4, 2020
- How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality August 28, 2020
- Top Ways to Create an Eco Friendly Business August 21, 2020