Agrihood Example in Austin Texas | Overview 2:04
The GAIA Fan Club vision is to speed up preparation for disaster and recovery. Common essential needs include sourcing food, shelter, opportunity for work and amenity services.
In the past, top down methods of redistribution of wealth, regardless of the geopolitics, has a common denominator - individual humans being. Today humans have two existential imperatives, personal survival and community collaboration.
In the past, humans had reasonable ideas of how to prepare and prosper in the wake of change. Today climate change continues to reveal many more weaknesses in preparation and recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic to Texan economic ecocide .
Tomorrow, humans who want to survive must adapt to change today. Both ecology and economy must work together, otherwise humans become extinct. Forest fires, floods, tornadoes and earthquakes are not new. Nevertheless, the climate is changing.
Due to the increase in devastation and frequency of disasters, economic factors in business, education, food, health, protection and transport must be inclusive. It's time for bottom up solutions like agrihoods and CSAs to be engaged.
An Agrihood is an organized community that integrates agriculture into a residential neighborhood. Variations may include dedicated community supported agriculture (CSA), roof top gardening, and indoor or porch green housing.
Agrihood organization models for urban, suburban and rural communities share some common values. Although agrihoods are designed for urban locations, the suburban and rural versions of community supported agriculture have differences in scale. With similar outcomes in mind, the main variance is qualifying for special land use and improvement.
- Today humans have two existential imperatives, personal survival and community collaboration.
- Due to the increase in devastation and frequency of disasters, economic factors in business, education, food, health, protection and transport must be inclusive. It's time for bottom up solutions like agrihoods to be engaged.
- An Agrihood is an organized community that integrates agriculture into a residential neighborhood. The CSA version is to integrate people into an agricultural neighborhood.
"Although Agrihoods are designed for urban locations, suburban and rural versions of community supported agriculture tend to stimulate creative eco-eco relations."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- Technically Homeless – Let’s Build a New Studio! September 1, 2021
- Climate Change, Disasters And Economic Recovery August 20, 2021
- GAIA Fan Club Revolutionizing Ecological and Economical Relations August 13, 2021
- Sustainable Building Construction System August 6, 2021
- Today You Have A Choice To Be Part Of A Solution July 30, 2021
- Relocation During the Quickening Environmental Revolution July 23, 2021
- Bottom Up Solutions to Ecological Economics July 17, 2021
- Join Our GAIA First Timebank July 9, 2021
- Ways Economic Risks Increase With Climate Change July 2, 2021