Ensuring people have clean drinking water is often more challenging than one would expect. With climate change and environmental impact of human activity, scientists, researchers and engineers are hard pressed to not only come up with solutions for water purification, but the process of purification needs to be sustainable. Solar purification systems are gaining in popularity and it meets both of these requirements. The technology tries to speed up the process of turning the water vapor with no longer contains contaminants into a liquid state.
- When water evaporates, contaminants such as bacteria and metals remain behind.
- There are multiple methods for solar water purification, including hydrogel and laser-etched aluminum panels.
- Water purification requires a lot of electricity, a problem solar methods help to resolve.
"Technologies like these are crucial because many areas throughout the world don’t have access to clean water."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020
- The Importance of Individual Recycling September 25, 2020
- High Protein Foods To Lower Environmental Impacts of Beef September 18, 2020
- Preparing For Clean-up After a Natural Disaster September 11, 2020
- Solar Water Purifier Providing Access to Clean Water September 4, 2020
- How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality August 28, 2020
- Top Ways to Create an Eco Friendly Business August 21, 2020