Here are suggestions how to save money and save the planet. Let's start by following home energy trends published by U.S. Energy Information Administration.
The 2015 Residential Energy Consumption Survey found:
- 51% of total annual energy was used to heat and air condition homes
- 27% of energy use went to heating water, lighting, and refrigeration
- 22% of home energy got spent on appliances and consumer electronics
The survey concluded three-quarters of U.S. homes mostly use two or more energy sources. Mobile homes and homes in the South are most likely to use electricity only to meet all energy needs. the survey implied or stated
Typical U.S. households now use more air conditioning, appliances, and consumer electronics. Yet, average annual site energy use per home has declined. The reasons for this decline include:
- Improvements in building insulation and materials
- Improved efficiencies of heating and cooling equipment, water heaters, refrigerators, lighting, and appliances
- People are migrating to warmer regions thus lowering total energy demand.
The decline in average household energy consumption has offset the increase in homes. The results have flattened residential sector energy consumption.
- Small is beautiful when economical and ecological footprints are designed and built to be sustainable.
- Demand for more efficient heating and cooling equipment, water heaters, refrigerators, lighting, and appliance efficiency, can drive the trend for money savings.
- Permaculture designs have paved a way to exist inside and outside of urban and suburban locations.
"Electricity is used in almost all homes, and electricity accounted for 41% of household end-use energy consumption in 2019. Natural gas, which was used in 58% of homes in 2015, accounted for 44% of residential sector end-use energy consumption in 2019."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- The Importance of VAWTs to the Future of Energy Distribution May 7, 2021
- A Case For What You Can Do About Climate Change April 30, 2021
- Personal and Environmental Benefits of Bidets April 23, 2021
- Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared April 16, 2021
- Establishing Developmental and Property Trusts April 9, 2021
- Adapting to Climate Change April 2, 2021
- Home Water Treatment for Drinking and Cooking March 26, 2021
- Speed Up Preparation for Disaster and Recovery March 19, 2021
- Add Multi-Purpose Functions to Tiny Homes With a Shipping Container March 12, 2021