Recycling consumer electronics also known as E-waste or electronic waste, is something that owners have some control of when those electronics enter the waste stream. These are appliances such as mobile phones, computers, televisions, laptops, DVD players, washers, driers, stoves, fridges, etc.
Many of the newer high tech e-waste can contain chemicals such as Mercury, Lead, Beryllium, Phosphor, Cadmium, Polyvinyl chloride and other toxic compounds. After all, there are many dangers in disposing of end-of-life electronics if not done correctly. Electronics made with hazardous harmful substances and chemicals can affect the environment, wild life and the health of people in the community as well.
When it comes time to replace your used electronic gadgets or appliances, it's a good idea to consider your options to find new homes for vintage working electronics. Local thrift and charity organizations do this as a business, hire people to help and in turn keeps money cycling through your local economy. The net result is to reduce demand for new products, extend the life of reusable consumer goods. Help sort what remains into further recycling or specialized toxic waste disposal.
- Reduce demand for new electronics by reselling or donating your e-waste to a second hand store.
- Reuse by trading your used equipment for something else you'd like to have or recycle.
- Recycling consumer electronics by finding the right waste stream helps remove or contain toxins because it also can reduce costs hazardous waste clean up.
" It's a good idea to consider your options to find new homes for vintage working electronics."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- Smart Control of Energy Saving Home Improvement November 27, 2020
- Save Money Save the Planet by Following Home Energy Trends November 20, 2020
- Climate Change Impacts on Human Life Systems November 13, 2020
- Wind Power Solar Energy and Hydropower – Solid State Update November 6, 2020
- Recycling Consumer Electronics – A Waste Management Priority October 30, 2020
- Heat Recovery Ventilation Benefits to Health and Energy Efficiency October 23, 2020
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020