Urban Rigger | Floating Shipping Container Housing for Students | Apr 18, 2021
The Urban Rigger has completely transformed the underutilized harbour areas in Copenhagen with purpose built floating shipping container housing. The small apartment size units are stacked in ways to optimize function, form and urban compliance.Prefabricated homes, are often referred to as prefab homes or simply prefabs. These are properties that are built off-site vs. on-site to make life easier when assembled on location. These building systems lower build time costs, and operation costs while increasing functions of economical, ecological prosperity.
Habitat for Health publishes information about eco-eco relations. The H4H Blog informs readers who have experienced loss of property or employment as a result of extreme weather events that can be attributed to climate change. Many blog posts explain what's being done, who is doing it and how to access opportunities to participate in preparation and recovery.
The floating shipping container housing for students in Copenhagen is a current example of how Urban Rigger solves many problems like:
- transforming underutilized harbor areas in Copenhagen in ways that can be done in many harbors on the planet
- repurposing shipping container building foundations by designing them to float in the city's canals,
- although the project original purpose was to supply affordable housing for 12 students, who have their own bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen, or...
- the units could be used as a vacation or other type of rental property as well.
- tenants also have access to a 160-square-meter common green courtyard, kayak landing, bathing platform, barbecue area, and 65-square-meter communal roof terrace,
- a large 220 m2 basement with a common area, washing facilities and individual lockers for each apartment and is used below sea level.
- The Urban Rigger has completely transformed the underutilized harbor areas in Copenhagen. The project consists of shipping containers that float on a concrete pontoon.
- The apartments are packed full of modern technology and can be equipped to produce energy and store it.
- The small footprint stacked units may be connected to, or independent of, waste management and other land based utilities.
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- Technically Homeless – Let’s Build a New Studio! September 1, 2021
- Climate Change, Disasters And Economic Recovery August 20, 2021
- GAIA Fan Club Revolutionizing Ecological and Economical Relations August 13, 2021
- Sustainable Building Construction System August 6, 2021
- Today You Have A Choice To Be Part Of A Solution July 30, 2021
- Relocation During the Quickening Environmental Revolution July 23, 2021
- Bottom Up Solutions to Ecological Economics July 17, 2021
- Join Our GAIA First Timebank July 9, 2021
- Ways Economic Risks Increase With Climate Change July 2, 2021