Issues with forecasting for insurance claims may not take into account unexpected costs of cleaning up after a natural disaster. If the policy purchased does not cover unforeseen additional costs or you are underinsured when a claim is assessed, what can be done, who can do it and how will the extra costs be paid?
Homeowners who are employed can usually get a loan. However, the Covid-19 pandemic is a natural disaster that produced unforeseen and far reaching side effects like:
- quarantine, social distancing or closure of many service related businesses,
- millions of unemployed persons who have no opportunity to work from home,
- core industries, agriculture and supply chain disruptions slowing recovery,
- management and mismanagement of services that affect both life and livelihoods,
- the scale of economic impact made worse by government acts and failures to act,
- plus the increase and severity of this years climate related natural disasters
- The world was not prepared for a pandemic, an increase in natural disasters, an economic collapse and increase of civil unrest in response to uncivilized use of authority all occurring at the same time.
- Nation states will do what they can to adapt, available resources will dwindle while recovery is underway and local communities are left to become more self reliant.
- Emerging organizations like Habitat for Health are becoming more vital in reconstructing local economic and ecological resources in sustainable ways during the recovery process.
"Habitat for Health (H4H) is a Web based research, publishing and consulting company. Its main purpose is to teach and support GAIA Fan Club Members to build and finance disaster relief projects that include Green Economy outcomes. The H4H Blog manages research, publishing, and subscriptions to our free Blog and gateway to GAIA Fan Club membership. H4H on the job training assists members to raise funds for projects and self paced work-from-home opportunities."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- Smart Control of Energy Saving Home Improvement November 27, 2020
- Save Money Save the Planet by Following Home Energy Trends November 20, 2020
- Climate Change Impacts on Human Life Systems November 13, 2020
- Wind Power Solar Energy and Hydropower – Solid State Update November 6, 2020
- Recycling Consumer Electronics – A Waste Management Priority October 30, 2020
- Heat Recovery Ventilation Benefits to Health and Energy Efficiency October 23, 2020
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020