Expert sounds off on potential drop in Lake Mead water level | Feb 3, 2021
A case for home water treatment for drinking and cooking simply boils down to the fact that water, in its natural state, is not pure H2O. It contains such things as minerals, salts, trace metals, nutrients, bacteria and organic matter. It's also an excellent medium to suspend a variety of soluble matter for cooking.
A major threat to water supply today is contamination. Sources of toxins include industrial waste dumping, land filling, effluents, radioactive waste, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fertilizers, municipal toxic wastes, sewage, leaks from underground tanks and pipes, household toxic waste and septic tanks all can percolate into rivers, lakes and groundwater supplies.1
As population grows and infrastructure ages, the need for better water source and waste management becomes more necessary for survival. Fortunately we have enough science and technology to maintain a reasonable habitat for health. Although global water supply continues to be contaminated at an unsustainable rate, and government management is unpredictable at best, health conscious water consumers can still get access to effective treatment technology.
In terms of home water treatment for drinking and cooking there are some economical ways to save time and money. Regardless of where you live, water in its natural state is not pure H2O and every supplier of processed water will claim it's safe to drink.
Before you decide to treat your main source of water, get it tested. Treatments are very specific for different types of contamination and you must know what contaminants you need to remove. Use an independent test laboratory or public health service. Do not accept the offers of testing by water sales persons.
"Rather than filtering pollutants from water, a distiller removes water from it's pollutants. A distiller boils water and then cools the steam until it condenses. The condensed water drips into a collection jug, while everything else stays behind in the boiling chamber.
Distillers are excellent for treating brackish water. They are also quite useful -even better than reverse osmosis systems- in cleansing water that is contaminated with heavy metals.
An important drawback to distillers is their ineffectiveness against volatile organics. This large group of chemicals, which includes chloroform and benzine, frequently contaminates groundwater. In a distiller, volatile organics tag along with water boiling away."2
Body chemistry differs due to many factors like location, life style, diet, and chemical composition. Basically everyone is different. If you choose to revitalize or remineralize distilled water to achieve specific outcomes, be sure to consult a doctor to help verify your current chemical profile and desired outcomes.
- As population grows and infrastructure ages the need for better water source and waste management becomes more necessary for survival.
- Water supply continues to be contaminated at an unsustainable rate, and government management is unpredictable at best, but health conscious water consumers can still get access to effective treatment technology.
- If you choose to revitalize or remineralize distilled water to achieve specific outcomes, be sure to consult a doctor to help verify your current chemical profile and desired outcomes.
"Distillers and water filters of varying production capacity are available at Amazon. Distilled water can be purchased at some grocery stores and pharmacies."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- The Art & Science of Eco-Eco Recovery July 16, 2022
- Habitat for Health Segue to a New Year December 31, 2021
- Habitat for Health Agency of Record Named For Best Tech Support in BC November 30, 2021
- Technically Homeless – Let’s Build a New Studio! September 1, 2021
- Climate Change, Disasters And Economic Recovery August 20, 2021
- GAIA Fan Club Revolutionizing Ecological and Economical Relations August 13, 2021
- Sustainable Building Construction System August 6, 2021
- Today You Have A Choice To Be Part Of A Solution July 30, 2021
- Relocation During the Quickening Environmental Revolution July 23, 2021