There are many protein sources available that will give you the same nutrition as beef but without the harmful environmental impact. For example, beyond meat is much healthier than beef as it is a plant based protein and tastes very similar to meat. Cows emit methane gas which does considerable damage to our environment via global warming. Tilapia filet is also a great choice of protein as it will keep you full and has roughly 23 grams of protein in just 1 fillet. If you don't like tilapia, salmon is another great fish choice that won't hurt the envirornment as much as beef.
- Veggie Burgers are all the rage right now because they taste just like real meat but are vegetarian and also protect the environment.
- Whenever a cow expells or passes gas, methane is released and this is 28 times more impactful than carbon dioxide when it comes to global warming.
- Since these cows are constantly being reproduced to supply food for humans, more and more methane is being released in the air.
"Animal protein foods also emit more carbon in general when compared to alternative sources. Beef is the greatest emitter according to Our World In Data."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- Smart Control of Energy Saving Home Improvement November 27, 2020
- Save Money Save the Planet by Following Home Energy Trends November 20, 2020
- Climate Change Impacts on Human Life Systems November 13, 2020
- Wind Power Solar Energy and Hydropower – Solid State Update November 6, 2020
- Recycling Consumer Electronics – A Waste Management Priority October 30, 2020
- Heat Recovery Ventilation Benefits to Health and Energy Efficiency October 23, 2020
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020