When you set out to grow or regrow vegetables indoors and outdoors, start by reusing plastic food containers. It's easy to repurpose used plastic containers from single serving yogurt tubs up to 1 gallon water jugs.
Make sure you poke holes in the container bottom to allow for drainage. Also you'll need to put your container on a dish, saucer, or tray to capture any moisture that drains out to avoid ruining a table or window sill.
Plant your veggies or seeds in containers sized for what you intend to grow. If you grow from seed use indoor potting soil which is specially formulated to help plants grow in indoor conditions. If the seeds or cuttings are to be replanted outside, up size the container, put 50% or more garden soil in first, and top up with potting soil.
Set the seedlings up in front of a sunny window and water as needed. The main challenges to growing vegetables indoors are going to be light and water. The average soil temperature should be kept above 50 F or 10 C. Light should be on for about 12 hours timed to coincide with dawn on the Spring Equinox.
If you plan to transplant or move the plants outdoors wait until the evening temperature remains above 50 F or 10 C after the Spring Equinox which will vary depending where you live.
Climate change and habitat destruction continues to have bad effects on the health of every human and living thing. The 3-Ps, pesticides, poor nutrition and parasites are prominent examples of what to avoid. What better way to cut back on the 3-Ps than grow your own vegetables at home.
- Grow or regrow your own vegetables to get the freshest produce possible, and you'll also save money, and save the planet.
- Create the environment plants thrive in and I bet you'll feel better too.
- When you grow your own to reduce demand for the 3Ps, you'll feel better, save some money, and reduce demand for aggressive large scale poison distribution.
"Stop eating the 3Ps! You'll feel better, save some money, and reduce demand for aggressive large scale poison distribution in the food chain."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- Technically Homeless – Let’s Build a New Studio! September 1, 2021
- Climate Change, Disasters And Economic Recovery August 20, 2021
- GAIA Fan Club Revolutionizing Ecological and Economical Relations August 13, 2021
- Sustainable Building Construction System August 6, 2021
- Today You Have A Choice To Be Part Of A Solution July 30, 2021
- Relocation During the Quickening Environmental Revolution July 23, 2021
- Bottom Up Solutions to Ecological Economics July 17, 2021
- Join Our GAIA First Timebank July 9, 2021
- Ways Economic Risks Increase With Climate Change July 2, 2021