A new generator may be the next device to revolutionize the power industry. The Air-gen is a generator that creates electricity by harnessing the water vapor from air. Created by scientists at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Air-gen is a sustainable, efficient, and low-cost solution that will help provide power to those in need. For now, the device can only operate low-powered electronics, but the team of researchers hopes to scale it up for commercial use in the near future.
- The Air-gen operates by connecting protein nanowires to electrodes in order to produce electricity using the water vapor in the air.
- Air-gen was developed at the University of Massachusetts Amherst by an electrical engineer working with a microbiologist.
- Although currently Air-gen technology can only power small devices, there are ambitious plans in the works to scale it up.
"In addition, this technology can easily be used to generate power in an area with low humidity, like the Sahara."
Read more ...This content requires Membership. Please Login or Become a Member.
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020
- The Importance of Individual Recycling September 25, 2020
- High Protein Foods To Lower Environmental Impacts of Beef September 18, 2020
- Preparing For Clean-up After a Natural Disaster September 11, 2020
- Solar Water Purifier Providing Access to Clean Water September 4, 2020
- How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality August 28, 2020
- Top Ways to Create an Eco Friendly Business August 21, 2020