Climate change impacts have massive implications on human economical and natural ecological life systems. The four classical elements typically refer to earth, water, air, and fire. Earth is a kin to Tectonics, like water to Hydrology, air to Climatology and fire to Volcanology.
So called "pure" drinking water delivered in plastic bottles, chemically treated "tap" water delivered by city systems, and stream, well, or catchment water are all packaged or delivered in technical ways. Together it's part of a human infrastructure or economic/eco system.
Carbon emissions are on the rise from industrial activity, transportation exhaust and forest fires. North and South polar ice melts are at a tipping point that continues to increase the frequency and destructive effects of storms at sea and on land. Don't take my word for it. Check out recent news feeds on the Blog home page.
What do you think might happen if a solar storm "inflicted serious damage to electronic systems on a global scale"? According to a Wikipedia topic "the economic cost to the United States would have been between US$600 billion and $2.6 trillion" in 2012 and "the recovery time from such a disaster would have been about four to ten years."
A direct hit from a coronal mass ejection "CME" today would likely disrupt global communications. How long do you think you could survive without a cell phone or other wireless communication and every thing else that relies on human life eco-systems?
- Climate change impacts both natural and human life expectancy and is present in many types and scales of extreme storms including wind, water, fire, CME and diseases like Covid-19.
- Human economic/eco systems are only as good as it's weakest links like effective management from leaders all the way down to the front lines and emergency response capability.
- Life existed millions of years before humans emerged and will continue after humans leave the planet one way or another.
"If you think it's possible to leave the planet a better place than when you found it, then join the Habitat for Health GAIA Fan Club today because life matters!"
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- Smart Control of Energy Saving Home Improvement November 27, 2020
- Save Money Save the Planet by Following Home Energy Trends November 20, 2020
- Climate Change Impacts on Human Life Systems November 13, 2020
- Wind Power Solar Energy and Hydropower – Solid State Update November 6, 2020
- Recycling Consumer Electronics – A Waste Management Priority October 30, 2020
- Heat Recovery Ventilation Benefits to Health and Energy Efficiency October 23, 2020
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020