Chris Hedges | How Bankers ROBBED and ENSLAVED America | Jul 17, 2021 | 10:00
Habitat for Health opened it's doors in January 2020, and soon after Covid-19 reached pandemic status in March, economic countermeasures were established, wildfires became news in climate change, disasters and economic recovery were too little too late.
By June many people were working at home if they could. Others less fortunate had to slow or stop interest payments on credit cards and loans. To add insult to injury, moneylenders that were granted government funding to ease client interest payments during the Covid pandemic, instead increased client charges and kept the government money.
Usury is the practice of making unethical or immoral monetary loans that unfairly enrich the lender. Current events clearly points out both. So does everyone who pays interest under such conditions become an accomplice to crime, a religious heretic, a philosophical nihilist and/or 100% antisocial? Some might argue it's all of the above!
Now if bank moneylenders keep government grants, increase customer interest rates and then collect payment from credit card customers for inflated usury fees, what do you think the outcome will be? And don't forget, everyone who pays government any type of tax expects the government to make sure tax dollars are used to benefit taxpayers and not support organized crime. Otherwise bonehead shylocks rule the day instead of rue the way.
What can be done and who can do it?
Very good news is at least some elected representatives are doing what they can for their constituents as well as all citizens who care about avoiding loan shark opportunists. I would not knowingly vote for any shylock bootlicker running for office.
The awkward truth is paying any "interest" appearing unethical, immoral or downright illegal would make the payer a dupe at best or an accomplice at worst. Since our primitive economic rules and regulations relies on some kind of recognition for services rendered, the least we can ask our candidates running for office is to fix and secure single digit percentage rates and make sure any increase is punishable.
Climate change produces natural ecological functions like materials for creation of life and disasters that destroy life in ways it can in some cases be reused to recycle life.
At this point in the evolution of life and death cycles, humans have learned to take advantage of nature's resources to live longer and prosper or accelerate death and destruction, either good or bad economic outcomes.
The nature of a person or like-minded groups can be measured by the result of what the sum of their acts or failure to act produces. On balance good people work to tip the scale toward good results and those who go out of their way to break, harm or destroy the good work of others add to the sorrow life can deliver.
The premise of my work is to report on ecological conditions, events and outcomes while comparing effects from the interface of technology and culture.
The Habitat for Health GAIA Fan Club helps Members solve usury issues with it's TimeBank and exchange options that avoid interest until conversion to cash is requested. Members who volunteer time to help each other, can spend their credits to get others to help themselves.
- Moneylenders that were granted government funding to ease client interest payments during the Covid pandemic, instead increased client charges and kept the government money.
- Usury is the practice of making unethical or immoral monetary loans that unfairly enrich the lender. Current events clearly points out both. So does everyone who pays interest under such conditions become an accomplice to crime, a religious heretic, a philosophical nihilist and/or 100% antisocial?
- The awkward truth is paying any "interest" appearing unethical, immoral or downright illegal would make the payer a dupe at best or an accomplice at worst.
Read more ...
GAIA Brief Sources: Video - Chris Hedges | How Bankers ROBBED and ENSLAVED AmericaGet more content on topics this with a free Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- Habitat for Health Agency of Record Named For Best Tech Support in BC November 30, 2021
- Technically Homeless – Let’s Build a New Studio! September 1, 2021
- Climate Change, Disasters And Economic Recovery August 20, 2021
- GAIA Fan Club Revolutionizing Ecological and Economical Relations August 13, 2021
- Sustainable Building Construction System August 6, 2021
- Today You Have A Choice To Be Part Of A Solution July 30, 2021
- Relocation During the Quickening Environmental Revolution July 23, 2021
- Bottom Up Solutions to Ecological Economics July 17, 2021
- Join Our GAIA First Timebank July 9, 2021
- Ways Economic Risks Increase With Climate Change July 2, 2021
- Will Agrivoltaics Be a Small Step for Humans and Giant Leap for GAIA? June 25, 2021
- How Much Arable Land is Needed to Sustain Just 1 Human Being? June 18, 2021
- Habitat for Health Start From Scratch Side Hustle June 11, 2021
- Bridging the Gap Between Electrolytic Capacitors and Rechargeable Batteries June 4, 2021
- BIOROCK’s Non-Electric Sewage Treatment Plants May 28, 2021
- Turning Small Spaces Into Evergreen Harvests May 21, 2021
- Purpose Built Floating Shipping Container Housing May 14, 2021
- The Importance of VAWTs to the Future of Energy Distribution May 7, 2021
- A Case For What You Can Do About Climate Change April 30, 2021
- Personal and Environmental Benefits of Bidets April 23, 2021
- Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared April 16, 2021
- Establishing Developmental and Property Trusts April 9, 2021
- Adapting to Climate Change April 2, 2021
- Home Water Treatment for Drinking and Cooking March 26, 2021