All In With Chris Hayes: 2/17/21 | MSNBC | 6:27 Login to watch "Cheap and Simple Electric Energy for Backup Power" video and related PDF for subscribers.
Mass Suffering From Texas Power Failure
Today it's possible for individuals to buy their own cheap and simple electric energy generator for backup power. The facts are that solar power is available when the sun shines. Hydro electrical power is free where water flows. Wind energy is free when the wind blows. And energy storage is getting smaller and lasting longer like the Tesla power wall.
Technology has evolved to a point where the cost to create, store and supply energy on demand from free sources is available anywhere at scale. However, this week in the news . . .
In the midst of the Texas tragedy, calls for action to save citizens also revealed an urgency inconsistent with reality. While impending climate related death and damage was underway, why would utility companies stop or slow delivery of power instead of doing everything they could to repair supply lines while government worked on emergency relief?
Instead, the Governor chose Fox news to imply that windmills that produce 10% of the state's power to the grid froze and then blocked the remaining 90% of oil, gas and other supply sources. No, it wasn't the windmills.
So how does 10% of the supply chain cause the remaining 90% to fail?
What is the Governor actually governing while constituents are freezing?
And, if utilities increase fees for any reason whatsoever, then the real true problem is absolutely not the green new deal.
- When a winter storm in Texas is so cold that millions of Texans are stranded without power, water, or adequate shelter and start to literally freeze to death while management does little or nothing for days, Forrest Gump might say, competence is as competence does.
- Instead of doing everything they could to repair supply lines while government worked on emergency relief, the Governor chose Fox news to communicate his opinion of the Green New Deal while utility managers pondered how much more they could charge for repairs. So, it appears pander is as pander does.
- If government and utilities choose to act in ways to harm and not help tax paying voters, then it appears that stupid is as stupid does.
"It doesn't matter how much a home energy backup system costs because the GAIA Fan Club shows Members how energy suppliers can pay for home power backup equipment."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber.
- The Importance of VAWTs to the Future of Energy Distribution May 7, 2021
- A Case For What You Can Do About Climate Change April 30, 2021
- Personal and Environmental Benefits of Bidets April 23, 2021
- Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared April 16, 2021
- Establishing Developmental and Property Trusts April 9, 2021
- Adapting to Climate Change April 2, 2021
- Home Water Treatment for Drinking and Cooking March 26, 2021
- Speed Up Preparation for Disaster and Recovery March 19, 2021
- Add Multi-Purpose Functions to Tiny Homes With a Shipping Container March 12, 2021