Energy efficient homes use less energy than a traditional home. Modular versions typically cost less to build, are easier to customize and can be shipped to the building site. More specifically shipping container modules are built to withstand fire, flood and wind storms better than other building types.
Living space constructed using steel containers as a framework instead of a self contained unit, opens the door for creative designers to work their magic. After all they were designed to be stacked on cargo ships and to withstand harsh environments on the high seas.
Container homes can either be adapted for off-grid, or they can be connected to municipal services. Site servicing requirements like electrical, plumbing, and wastewater are similar to those for a standard build. Municipal requirements vary by site and should determined as part of a feasibility assessment.
Container homes cost about the same as traditionally built homes when built to meet building codes. When it comes to structure and operating costs they are less expensive. While equipping the home may push up front end costs closer to par with traditional new homes, when done right the long term lower costs benefits from operation and maintenance are substantially less.
- Energy efficient. An energy efficient home uses less energy than a traditional home, so living in one can drastically reduce your utility bills, carbon footprint and maintenance.
- Less waste. Building and assembling a modular home produces far less waste than building a site-built home.
- Stronger structures. Modular homes can be made structurally stronger than traditional site-built homes.
"Like everything else you get what you pay for. Modular container homes are no different except when it comes to operation and maintenance. They all tend to out perform older technologies. So, the better the technology the faster the cost of investment is recovered."
Read more ...This content requires Subscription. Please Login or Become a Subscriber. It's free.
- DIY Curtain Ideas That Save Money and Save the Planet October 16, 2020
- Are Modular Container Energy Efficient Homes Cost Effective? October 9, 2020
- Why Install LED Shop Lights As Soon As Possible? October 2, 2020
- The Importance of Individual Recycling September 25, 2020
- High Protein Foods To Lower Environmental Impacts of Beef September 18, 2020
- Preparing For Clean-up After a Natural Disaster September 11, 2020
- Solar Water Purifier Providing Access to Clean Water September 4, 2020
- How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality August 28, 2020
- Top Ways to Create an Eco Friendly Business August 21, 2020